Counselor Position - Kansas City University Careers
Please attach a Cover Letter and Resume' during the application process.
The Counselor offers services to students in the areas of academic and emotional development to assist them in meeting their academic and professional goals. Key components of the position include identifying and addressing key challenges, providing counseling, and making referrals as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual, couple, and group counseling for students (in person and/or virtually, via telepsychology).
- Offer virtual and in-person presentations as well as other outreach services, as needed (e.g. new student orientation, workshops on test anxiety, time management, relationships, coping skills, etc.).
- Participate in crisis response during a student mental health emergency.
- Maintain professional licensure by completing continuing education and all other requirements.
- Collaborate with Learning Enhancement team and other departments across campus to provide student support and programming.
- Represent Counseling Services department and KCU favorably, in accordance with established core values and expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Contribute writing for informational and educational outreach (e.g., emails, Canvas/website content) to students on psychological and wellbeing topics.
- Complete other administrative tasks (e.g., report-writing, maintaining Titanium calendar, progress notes).
- Assist in developing department goals and objectives.
When appropriate, consult with faculty and staff regarding students’ mental health needs. Participate in interdisciplinary support committee meetings for at-risk students.
Attend regular team meetings and other required University activities.
Application Link: https://kansascity.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Jobs/job/Kansas-City-Campus/Counselor_R-0001539
- Master’s degree required. Doctorate preferred. Degree must be from an accredited University, in the field of mental health
- Missouri license to provide mental health services
- Preference of 3 – 5 years’ experience counseling undergraduate or graduate level students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!
BC/BE Psychiatrist - Springfield, MO
CoxHealth is seeking a BC/BE Psychiatrist to join our growing Inpatient Psychiatry team in Springfield, Missouri. CoxHealth is the largest inpatient provider of psychiatric services in southwest Missouri, with a strong reputation for excellent care. CoxHealth Psychiatric Services in Springfield includes 72 inpatient beds serving the child, adolescent, adult and senior adult populations. CoxHealth also has an ECT program.
- Cover 14 inpatient beds- adults only
- Option to perform ECTs, if desired
- Mon-Fri daytime schedule
- 8 weekends of call per year
- Unit support from multi-disciplinary team, Hospitalists for medical coverage
- Psychiatric RNs screen patients in the ER and all incoming admissions or transfers
- Optional teaching opportunities with medical students and residents
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Physician-led, not-for-profit health system, established in 1906
- 6 hospitals and 80+ clinics
- Serving a 1 million patient region in southwest Missouri
- ZERO layoffs during the pandemic
- See more at: Explore your possibilities with CoxHealth
About Springfield, Missouri:
- Metro population 470,000+
- Low cost of living, quick commutes, easy access to airport for travel, top-rated schools
- Numerous amenities- cultural activities, restaurants, shopping, sporting events, outdoor activities
- See more at: Live in Springfield, MO
For more information or to submit your CV, please contact Michelle Freeman at email@example.com or by phone at (417) 619-3139.
Psychiatrist Consultant - MD's
Psych. Nurse Practitioners
LCSW, LMSW Candidates and IT Related Specialists
Concert Health is a mission-driven leading Behavioral Health Medical Group bringing evidence based behavioral health services to primary care practices and organizations in eight states. Through outcome driven clinical work, we increase accessibility to behavioral health services one person at a time. Concert Health helps primary care providers deliver exceptional, reimbursable integrated behavioral health services to their patients. We provide primary care partners with a comprehensive Collaborative Care solution -- care managers, psychiatric consultants and technology -- to help identify and treat their patients struggling with a variety of behavioral health diagnoses. Our remote team provides evidence based interventions to promote symptom reduction and optimal outcomes for patients. Led by co-founders Spencer Hutchins and Virna Little, Concert employs remote behavioral care managers and psychiatric consultants. We are continuing to expand to make behavioral health services more accessible to patients and communities in need. Those interested should contact Roger W. Ross, Senior Manager-Talent Acquisition, firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-430-4843.
BE/BC Psychiatrists – Centurion Health
Centurion Health has recently partnered with the Missouri Department of Corrections to provide mental health services. We are the leading provider of comprehensive healthcare services to correctional facilities nationwide.
Looking for the chance to contribute to the health and welfare of individuals and make a difference each day? We are actively recruiting board certified or eligible Psychiatrists to provide clinical services throughout Missouri. The position not only offers a competitive salary, but the ability to thrive in a supportive environment.
Here are just a few reasons our Psychiatrists work at Centurion Health:
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- A clinically interesting, diverse patient population in a secure and structured setting
- Freedom from office administrative hassles and reimbursement hassles
- Excellent work/life balance
- Ability to make a real difference to an important and underserved population!
I would love to connect and share more details about our employed opportunities. Contact Monique Mills, Physician Recruiter, at 410-907-3970 or email@example.com to learn more!
Psychiatrists - Teladoc Health
Teladoc Health is creating a new kind of healthcare experience with greater convenience, outcomes, and value. We are currently seeking board-certified Psychiatrists who will connect with registered Teladoc Health members seeking care for anxiety, stress, depression, trauma, grief, relationship issues, and other concerns. Psychiatrists work as independent contractors, allowing you to add to your current clinical practice or build an entire telemedicine practice, depending on the state(s) where you are licensed.
- Access to reliable and growing patient volume.
- Appointments are offered from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week with flexibility to set your own schedule.
- Administrative support so you can focus on providing care.
- Flexibility to deliver care at your convenience while earning additional income.
- An innovative, tech-forward and collaborative learning community.
- Extensive quality initiatives that guide the highest standards of care.
- Conduct telemedicine consultations to assess the patient’s medical and psychosocial needs via video or telephone, while at all times maintaining a professional and appropriate setting in preparation for video consults.
- Assess patients by conducting psychiatric evaluations, including intake forms, interviews, medical histories, and observations to diagnose patients.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications.
- Prescribe and administer medications according to diagnosis. Physicians will not prescribe any controlled substances or narcotics scheduled by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and shall operate subject to applicable law. Neither Teladoc nor Physician shall guarantee that any patient will receive a prescription.
- Monitor patients to determine efficacy and potential side effects of medications and evaluates treatment results.
- Complete all necessary clinical documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- May collaborate with a broader team of physicians, associate providers, psychologists, therapists and nurses to assess and adjust treatment plans
Interested physicians can inquire here: https://providers.teladochealth.com/careers/
- Board Certification in Psychiatry (ABMS or AOA)
- Comfortable with technology and experienced with telehealth
- Enjoy working independently
- Active medical license and DEA number
- Available a minimum of 20 hours per month for appointments
- No more than one open malpractice claim
- No open licensing board complaints and no probated or restricted licensure
- High speed internet connection, phone, and video capability